From: Raul Mosquera (raulysich2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-25 10:38:49

I'm trying to pass an structure which is defined like this

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include "mpi.h"

#define NELEM 6

   int num_Rows;
   int num_Cols;
   int element[NELEM];

//num_Rows and num_Cols identify the matrix being passed in the array element.

// Variable declaration
   int rank,size,tag=1,source=0,dest;
   MPI_Status status;

   int lena[2] ; // This is for the length of the elements holding
   MPI_Aint loca[2], extent; //localization
   MPI_Datatype typa[2];
   MPI_Datatype MY_TYPE;

   loca[1]= 2 * extent;

The structure is being created like this

 MPI_Type_commit(&MY_TYPE); //creates the structure

When sending ...

When Receiving

The program sends the message but it shows errors on the other side.

 My guess is that the parameters in the MPI_Send are not declare in the proper way.

Can you guys help me understandig what I'm doing wrong.

Do You Yahoo!?