From: Ben Allan (baallan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 12:42:46

I went through trying most of those wrapping efforts out
a few years ago with very little luck. Most were out of date
or single platform even then. And mpi2 has since
appeared. I was hoping some of those original mpi/java
folk might be participating in open-mpi, too.

I'm thinking open-mpi might present a
chance to create a defacto standard in preparation for
extending the standard to include java. Clearly not
high on everybody's list of favorite things to think about.

Ben