From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-15 10:18:31

On Jul 15, 2005, at 10:55 AM, Ben Allan wrote:

> We have a number of applications interested in mixing java and
> mpi on clusters. (I know, shudder, but we do...)
> I thought before I go off and hack that I should see if work
> is already on-going, if quiet, for open-mpi to have a java and/or gcj
> binding. Clearly there might be some issues lurking around mpi
> datatypes...

There were actually a few projects some years ago that came up with
Java bindings for MPI (because Java bindings are not officially part of
MPI). IIRC, they worked with most MPI's out there (i.e., they were a
layer over the MPI itself). You might want to google around and see
what you come up with.

Subject to a little bit rot, they may actually "just work" if they used
the wrapper compilers to compile themselves, etc...?

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project