From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-15 17:17:09

On Jun 15, 2005, at 6:07 PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

>> bin/ompi_info presents an opportunity to help all us shlubs that
>> have to do gnu build systems.

BTW, I forgot to mention -- try running "ompi_info -all" and/or
"ompi_info -all -parsable". It is explicitly aimed at those who need
to query the capabilities of an Open MPI installation, and potentially
need to do so in an automated fashion (e.g., in a script, so the
-parsable output is quite grep/sed/awk/cut friendly).

Here's a general purpose question for users out there:

The ompi_info command was directly derived from the LAM/MPI laminfo
command. However, I've never liked the fact that there's a "_" in the
name. Should it be renamed? Options I see are:

1. ompi_info (the current name)
2. ompi-info
3. ompiinfo
4. something else entirely

This is a completely trivial issue, but it does bug me a little bit, so
I figured I'd ask before the name becomes fixed for all time. :-)

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project