From: Greg Lindahl (lindahl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-26 19:50:45

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 06:47:41AM -0500, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> Regardless of which way you choose, your statement "No internals have
> to change" is inaccurate. At a minimum, *EVERY* MPI API function in
> somebody's implementation will have to change.

That's what I call the interface, yes. It's a similar size effort to
creating an F77 interface in an MPI implementation. We've agreed on
this several times already; I'm not sure why we need to agree on it
again, or why the exact definition of the word "internals" is so
important.

> I guess I don't understand your reluctance to accept a MorphMPI-like
> solution:

You have repeated your original MorphMPI attributes. I responded to
them, and I don't see any sign that you've read my response. This is
not the way discussions are usually held.

-- greg