Open MPI logo

OpenRCM Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [orcm-devel] Status update: first release
From: Fernando Lemos (fernandotcl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-16 19:33:19

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Ralph Castain <RCASTAIN_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Hello all

<snip>
> Please feel free to ask questions and/or contribute ideas. Anyone interested in contributing to the effort is welcome!

Hi,

What's not entirely clear to me yet after reading the documentation
and taking a brief look at the source code is how OpenRCM integrates
with OpenMPI. Is MPI supported at all in trunk? How would I compile
and run an MPI application in this environment? Should I compile my
app with orcmcc or mpicc? Should I run it with orcm-start, mpirun or
both?

I think that some documentation on how this integration happens (if it
happens at all at this time) would be very helpful. For example, does
orcm-start offer mpirun an environment that OpenMPI uses to launch the
MPI processes (Slurm-like), or does orcm-start launch the processes
directly (e.g. orted + your app, something like mpirun already does)
or something else.

Also, I believe the code still does not support restarting
applications from checkpoints yet, is this assumption correct?

Thanks for your time,