Also
How did you gather the ibnetdiscover/ibroute files?
Did you run the netloc-gather-ib script? Or did you run ibnetdiscover/ibroute manually?
Can you show the contents (filenames only) of the output files?
Brice

Le 05/12/2013 18:30, Josh Hursey a écrit :
Raghu,

The probably is likely that the subnet has not been specified. The netloc_reader_ib is not terribly user friendly at the moment. We have some supporting tools that help make it easier to use. I highlighted the steps for another user in the mail linked below:
  http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/netloc-devel/2013/11/0005.php

Notice that it does not call netloc_reader_ib explicitly, it is wrapped up as part of the netloc-ib-extract-dats script.

You will also need to install Jansson (if you have not already) as that is how netloc is currently representing the data (it may change in the future, but this works well for now). It can be downloaded from:
  http://www.digip.org/jansson/

I am currently working on some FAQs to hopefully help answer these types of questions in the future. In the mean time feel free to email and we can go from there.

Thanks,
Josh

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres@cisco.com> wrote:
Adding netloc-users into the CC; this is the type of feedback we need, and the type of stuff we want to make google-able for others.

FYI: Brice did most of the IB work, and he's at a conference this week.  So the reply for this may be a little delayed...

On Dec 5, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Raghu <rajachan@cse.ohio-state.edu> wrote:

> Hi Josh, Jeff,
>
> I am trying out netloc (the master branch) on a small IB cluster
> (which I have sudo access to). I got stuff built fine, but when I try
> to generate the .ndat files, I am getting this:
>
>  Output Directory   : /home/rajachan/netloc/install/bin/output/
>  Subnet             : unknown
>  ibnetdiscover File : /home/rajachan/netloc/install/bin/ibnetdata
>  ibroutes Directory : None Specified
> Error: Invalid network type provided
> Error: Failed to create a new data file
>
> Here's how I am running the reader :  ./netloc_reader_ib -o
> /home/rajachan/netloc/install/bin/output/ -f
> /home/rajachan/netloc/install/bin/ibnetdata
>
> Do you guys see any glaring config mistake from my end?
>
> Raghu

jsquyres@cisco.com

Joshua Hursey
Assistant Professor of Computer Science