Open MPI logo

Network Locality Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [netloc-devel] First cut of Jansson integration
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-18 11:15:18

Yea that might be the best solution.

We need to tie in the compilation/selection of readers to the configure
script somehow. That will require some thought about what we want to check
for and where to put the configure logic. I figure we can add a m4 file in
the reader directory so that it is easier to just drop in a new reader -
similar to how it is easy to drop in a new component to Open MPI.

How much work do you think that would be to add that extension to the
current build system? Then we could put the perl module checks in those m4
files.

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 9:10 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2014, at 9:34 AM, Josh Hursey <jjhursey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure if there is an elegant way to slurp these perl libraries
> into the netloc codebase (if the license allows).
>
> Probably not.
>
> It might be sufficient to error out nicely at run-time if the required
> Perl modules aren't available...?
>
> --
> Jeff Squyres
> jsquyres_at_[hidden]