Open MPI logo

Network Locality Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [netloc-devel] First cut of Jansson integration
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-16 16:42:48

On Apr 16, 2014, at 4:36 PM, Brice Goglin <Brice.Goglin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> How hard would it be if we ever need to upgrade to a newer jansson? Did
> you have to tweak jansson significantly? Do we care?

I copied their configure.ac to jansson.m4 and snipped out a few things (e.g., AC_INIT, AC_OUTPUT, and a few other things). I then snipped out some Makefile.am SUBDIRS like doc, tests, etc. I then was able to "git rm ..." those directories altogether.

I changed no C code -- just a few minor tweaks in the configury/build system.

So: updating to a new jansson won't be hard. Perhaps an hour or so worth of work.

> Did we have another hard dependency on some Perl package (maybe JSON) at
> some point? I don't remember well.

Josh?