Open MPI logo

Network Locality Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-22 14:36:18

Unfortunately, our user documentation is currently limited - we are working
on fixing that soon. Until then the best documentation for the project is
in the form of README files in the source tree next to each tool. I have a
bug open to convert these into man pages.

In any case, the lsnettopo tool will display any previously discovered
network data in the input directory (default=current working directory).
You will need to run the appropriate reader for your network before running
this tool.

For example, if you are using InfiniBand you will need to do the following
(more notes in netloc/tools/gather_ib/README):
 1) Gather hwloc outputs from your various nodes as .xml files
 2) Run netloc-ib-gather-raw.pl --hwloc-dir <hwloc XML directory> --raw-dir
<raw IB output directory>
   You may need to be root to run the command above.
 3) Run netloc-ib-extract-dats.pl --raw-dir <output directory> --out-dir
<netloc output directory>
   You can be any user for this, as long as you can access the directory
created in the previous step
 4) Now you can run lsnettopo in the directory and it will show you
information about the network(s) discovered.

Let me know if that helps resolve the issue.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM, BRADLEY, PETER C PW <
peter.c.bradley_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I’ve got netloc built with hwloc support, but lsnettopo fails silently.
> With verbose on, I get the following:
>
> ./lsnettopo -v -f

> Input Directory : ./
>
> Export type : screen

> Found 0 Networks.
>

> Is there more documentation on what else may be required or how I can
> debug? I’m building on an RH5 system which may be part of the issue, not
> sure.
>

> hwloc (built at the same time, and what I used to build netloc) works fine
> and can see my IB adapter.

Joshua Hursey
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
University of Wisconsin-La Crosse