Open MPI logo

Network Locality Announcement Mailing List Archives

Subject: [netloc-announce] Network Locality (netloc) v0.5 Released
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-12-05 12:11:37

Sorry for the delay in announcing this release to the list. The code was
posted on Nov. 15, but we forgot to post to the list at that time. We
wanted to do so now so that it is easily web searchable.

------------------

The Network Locality (netloc) team is pleased to announce the release of
v0.5. This release is our first public release. The v0.5 release can be
downloaded from the netloc website.

   http://www.open-mpi.org/projects/netloc/

Some documentation is contained within the source code on the use of the
library. The API documentation is currently contained in the netloc.h and
netloc_map.h headers. Some brief examples are contained under the tests/
directory. Further user documentation is under active development by the
netloc team. In the mean time, let us know on the mailing list if you need
assistance.

This release of netloc includes support for:
 - InfiniBand networks
 - OpenFlow managed Ethernet networks using one of the following controllers
   - OpenDaylight
     http://www.opendaylight.org/
   - Cisco XNC
     http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps13400/index.html
   - Floodlight
     http://www.projectfloodlight.org/floodlight/
 - Integration with hwloc
 - Support for the hwloc difference API released in v1.8

The netloc project is still in its early days -- there is much work to be
done before v1.0. As such, we are eager to hear your feedback.

--
Joshua Hursey
Assistant Professor of Computer Science