Hello Jeff:

I just finished rerunning mtt without --trial option for your checking. I suppose you can get the reports in database. If that's not the case, please correct me. My platform name is ibm_beijing_rhel5.2.

My server can not be accessed outside from IBM. If you need any inform to check those errors, for example, those txt files of containing errors, please let me know. I will send them to your mailbox.

Thanks a lot!

Wen Hao Wang
Inactive hide details for Jeff Squyres <jsquyres@cisco.com>Jeff Squyres <jsquyres@cisco.com>

          Jeff Squyres <jsquyres@cisco.com>
          Sent by: mtt-users-bounces@open-mpi.org

          2008-05-15 19:05
          Please respond to
          General user list for the MPI Testing Tool <mtt-users@open-mpi.org>

General user list for the MPI Testing Tool <mtt-users@open-mpi.org>

cc

Brad Benton <brad.benton@us.ibm.com>, mtt-users-bounces@open-mpi.org

Subject

Re: [MTT users] MTT fail to require MTT::Test::Specify::Simple

On May 15, 2008, at 1:56 AM, Wen Hao Wang wrote:

> Sorry for my delay. I deleted that line "specify_module = Simple" in
> ini file, and the require failure diappeared. Thanks for your support.

Great!  I just filed
https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/mtt/ticket/356
because it seems like this is a simple enough error that we should
really be able to detect it pretty easily and print out a reasonable
error message.

https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/report/6
>  matches my mtt failure in running "mpirun -np 2 --mca btl tcp,self
> --prefix /LTC/MTT/..." listed below.
>
> Is there any method to probe this failures for me? Or is there
> anyone to check all my MTT failed cases? I need one method to get
> which failed cases have been known and tracked.

Unfortunately we do not have such an automated mechanism -- most of
the existing known issues/failures are just known by the developers.
That being said, if anyone has any clue how to implement such an
automated system, I'm all ears.  We just could never figure out how to
do it reliably because the stdout/stderr of known issue/failure X may
be slightly different on any given machine.  :-\

If you want to do a run in trial mode and send your results to the
main OMPI MTT DB, if you could send us a permalink for your results,
I'd be happy to look at them and help you classify the errors.

Cisco Systems