Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT users] Using mtt For Performance Testing Only
From: Jon Forrest (jlforrest_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-20 17:10:09

On 4/20/2010 2:01 PM, Ethan Mallove wrote:
> Hi Jon,
> You can use MTT to do performance testing only. Here is a good
> starting point for using MTT:

Thanks for the pointer!

> Have you tried running trivial tests with your MPI installation?

Yes. I've run various benchmarks and the Infiniband diagnostic
programs (not that I always understand their output).
But, one of our users is reporting that a standard
Chemistry application is not scaling as expected when
going to a second node after filling up the first node.
This is on a Rocks cluster with 12-cores per node.
I figured that doing some more comprehensive MPI tests
would be a good place to start.

> Were you planning on submitting the results to the database?

No. This is just informal testing.

Jon Forrest
Research Computing Support
College of Chemistry