Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT users] Using mtt For Performance Testing Only
From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-20 17:01:21

Hi Jon,

You can use MTT to do performance testing only. Here is a good
starting point for using MTT:

  https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/mtt/wiki/OMPITesting

Have you tried running trivial tests with your MPI installation? Were
you planning on submitting the results to the open-mpi.org database?

On Tue, Apr/20/2010 11:12:24AM, Jon Forrest wrote:
> I have a new IB-based cluster. I'm not sure
> if the IB is running correctly. One way I thought
> of to test IB is to run MPI tests. mtt looks
> like it can do this, but it also does a whole
> lot more that I'm not interested in.
>
> So, I'm wondering if it's feasible to run
> mtt as only a performance testing tool, not
> as a build test tool. In particular, I was
> thinking I could modify the
> ompi-core-perf-testing.ini file to just
> test a previously installed version of ompi.
>
> By the way, I tried to read the archives for
> this list, which the mailman page says are
> in http://www.open-mpi.org/MailArchives/mtt-users/
> but going there results in a "Not Found" error message.

Try this link:

http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/mtt-users/

Regards,
Ethan