Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

Subject: [MTT users] Moving to Mercurial
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-13 12:27:54

Heads up for all MTT'ers...

This project will eventually be moving away from Subversion and moving
to Mercurial. We don't have an exact date when this will happen
because some infrastructure work needs to occur at Indiana U. first.
This infrastructure work is currently ongoing; it *may* be ready in a
week or three from now.

MTT and PLPA are going to be the first two projects (out of the OMPI
set of projects) to move over to Mercurial. To be blunt: we're going
to be the guinnea pigs. Since MTT and PLPA are both pretty small
projects, it was estimated that the impact of moving these two
projects would be small, even if there are problems along the way.

Specifics are TBD, but we'll likely leave MTT's SVN in place for a
little while after the switch because production sites are using it
for their nightly regression testing. But once MTT's official
development switches to Mercurial, that SVN will become static/read-
only. Once the new Mercurial infrastructure stabilizes, we'll
encourage all MTT users to switch to the Mercurial checkout and
eventually remove the MTT SVN.

Cisco Systems