Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT users] Patch for whatami (new sles10 lsb-release file format)
From: Tim Mattox (timattox_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-31 11:39:54

The new version of whatami is what broke sles9. That new version assumes
that if an /etc/lsb-release file exists that it has info about what
distribution it is.
SLES seems to only put in what LSB it conforms to (the LSB_VERSION
environment variable).
Whatami should check if it got all the info it needs from the lsb-release file,
and if not, fall back to something else that worked before.

I just reverted the whatami I am using on BigRed to MTT's r1236 and it works
again. No rush to fix this for me, but it is bad that whatami seems to now
be broken for two major SLES releases (9 & 10).