Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT users] Patch to add --local-scratch option
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 15:44:08

Excellent points.

What about a slightly different approach that would allow us to be
exactly specific?

And then in the INI file, have fields that indicate which scratch dir
you want them to use. For example, the fact that the OMPI MPI Install
plugin does a build is really a side-effect (not all MPI Install
plugins do builds). So we could have a field:

ompi_build_scratch = &scratch(1)

Or, heck, it doesn't even need to be a function of --scratch at all.
"ompi_build_scratch = <foo>" alone could be good enough.

Jeff Squyres
Cisco Systems