Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

Subject: [MTT users] NetPIPE timeouts
From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-02-27 14:19:36

Folks,

We were seeing NetPIPE runs timing around 45sec the other
day, so I set the timeout value to -1 (which is infinity),
and last night a v1.2 NetPIPE run took 3 hrs! It looks like
the test got stuck:

  0: burl-ct-v440-2
  1: burl-ct-v440-2
  2: burl-ct-v440-2
  3: burl-ct-v440-2
  Now starting the main loop
    0: 1 bytes 5 times --> 0.49 Mbps in 15.59 usec

The other bizarre thing is that NetPIPE now passes with the
infinite timeout, but seems to take the *same* duration as
the timed out runs:

  http://www.open-mpi.org/mtt/index.php?do_redir=539

(I was expecting NetPIPE to take *longer* than 45sec.)

Any ideas why this would be?

-Ethan