Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT users] SVN URLs
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-12-21 10:46:21

FWIW, I had to convert over to using svn://-style URLs (vs. file://-
style) because my mirrored SVN roots are on an NFS filesystem;
executing a bunch of checkouts simultaneously from the same root is
Bad (and causes some checkouts to fail).

Instead, I setup an svnserve on my cluster head node to serve the SVN
repos in a read-only manner out to my cluster. It was trivial to
setup the svnserve, and it seems to work quite well in my MTT setup.

On Dec 20, 2007, at 2:28 PM, Ethan Mallove wrote:

>>> Can you post that crontab?
>>
>> It's just
>>
>> 0 19 * * * . $HOME/.bashrc ; svnsync sync file:///home/mpiteam/mirrors-svnroots/ompi-test
>>
>> (repeated for the other SVN repo's I'm mirroring)
>>
>> See the SVN book docs for svnsync -- they discuss how to setup a
>> local
>> repo for mirroring with svnsync (there's a few steps you have to do
>> set it up).

>>> If I see this:
>>>
>>> $ ls /foo
>>> README.txt conf dav db format hooks locks
>>>
>>> How do I "svn checkout" from /foo using a "file:" URL?
>>
>> svn co file:///foo
>>
>> A file:// URL is just like an http[s]:// URL -- just put the absolute
>> directory name after it (to include the leading "/" -- so a file URL
>> will have 3 /'s).
>>

> Ah. The *3* /'s are important. 2 slashes didn't do it :-)
>
> -Ethan
>

>> --
>> Jeff Squyres
>> Cisco Systems