Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-15 10:19:45

Let's migrate this over to the OMPI devel list; the MTT list is more
about using MTT, not actually the tests that we choose to run for OMPI.

On Jun 14, 2007, at 10:56 PM, Tim Prins wrote:

> The IBM test suite has 3 very simple tests which just call
> Init_thread and ask
> for the thread level. However, these are only run if
> OMPI_ENABLE_MPI_THREADS
> is defined. This is causing them to be skipped in our MTT tests with a
> threaded build. Is there a different define we should be checking
> for in the
> tests?

That is the right macro, but I think it's left over from when we used
to include all of opal_config.h in mpi.h (we don't anymore). Hence,
this macro will never be defined for user applications (via the
wrapper compilers), even if it is defined to be 1 when building Open
MPI.

Probably the Right thing to do here would be to call ompi_info in
configure to see if we have thread support and then set an internal
#define for it (in the ibm test suite) that would be visible via
ompitest_config.h.

I unfortunately do not have the cycles for this, but it should not be
difficult to do.

Cisco Systems