Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-08 10:07:49

Heads up for MTT users: we'll shortly be rolling out MTT v2.1,
probably within the next few weeks. Unless anyone objects, we'll
continue with the "deploy to ompi-core-testers SVN branch" strategy.
Someday we'll release actual tarballs, but since MTT has a limited
audience at the moment, this deploy-though-SVN scheme seems to work
well enough.

You shouldn't notice much of a change -- your current INI files
should continue to work fine. No URL changes for submission should
be required. Here's a summary list of changes to the client for v2.1:

- Ability to specify multiple proxy servers for HTTP/S downloads, SVN
downloads, and MTT Database HTTP/S uploads.

- Proxy MTT database server to enable at least some disconnected
scenarios (e.g., IU/Big Red).

- Simple MTT locking server to enable reliably locking
$HOME/.subversion/servers (possibly to be used more extensively in
the future).

- Ability for OMPI developers to run MTT on their development trees
and get a prettyprint report without submitting to the MTT database.

- A bunch of new funclets that are helpful for, among other things,
finer-grained control over tests that are built/run based on which
MPI Get section it is referring to.

- Ability to specify (in the INI file) which hosts tests ran on, as
opposed to the hostname where the results were submitted from.

- Various bug fixes and improvements.

We continue to expand the MTT documentation on the wiki as time
permits. Please feel free to help us out! :-)

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems