Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

From: Tim Mattox (timattox_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-18 22:37:08

Hi MTT developers,
(Sorry to those who are just MTT users, you can skip this message).

I found some minor bugs/inconveniences in lib/MTT/Test/Analyze/Correctness.pm.

It is not consistent about making "$report->{result_message}" get assigned
a value without an embedded newline. For example, at lines 93 & 96
a newline is embedded, yet at lines 72, 76, 87-88 the string is ended
without a newline. For our purposes at IU, with a local e-mail
generation script,
it would be great if those \n newlines could be removed from lines 93 & 96,
so we could parse the MTT debug output more easily.

As it is right now, the result message for a test is reported in two very
distinct ways, depending on how a test passes or fails:
1) ugly format from failed tests:
RESULT_MESSAGE_BEGIN
Failed; exit status: 139
RESULT_MESSAGE_END

2) preferred format:
result_message: Failed; timeout expired (120 seconds) )
or
result_message: Passed
or
result_message: Skipped

I don't know if it is related or not, but for tests that fail without
timing out,
the debug output from MTT for that test does NOT have a line like
these:
test_result: 1 (passed)
test_result: 2 (skipped)
test_result: 3 (timed out)

Again, for our e-mail generation script, it would be much easier if there
was a corresponding "test_result: X" for each test regardless of if it failed,
timed-out, was skipped, or passed.

Thanks!

--
Tim Mattox - http://homepage.mac.com/tmattox/
 tmattox_at_[hidden] || timattox_at_[hidden]