Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-03 16:30:29

On Fri, Nov/03/2006 03:31:40PM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> No, @foo@ is evaluated when shell_command is evaluated.

There's this block in Test/Run.pm, but I don't see the analogous
block anywhere else (e.g., Build or Install).

{{{
    while ($exec =~ m/@(.+?)@/) {
        my $val = $ini->val($mpi_details_section, $1);
        if (!$val) {
            Warning("Used undefined key @$1@ in exec value; skipping");
            return;
        }
        $exec =~ s/@(.+?)@/$val/;
    }
}}}

> So it would have it's " chopped before it was folded into
> shell_command, resulting in a the following:
>

> ./configure CFLAGS=-g -O
>
> which would be wrong.
>
> I admit to not having looked closely at your patch; would
> it handle this scenario properly?

No, the always erroneous command-wrapping quotes get chopped
just before they're passed to exec() in DoCommand. It would
not chop the trailing quote, because there's no leading
quote.

-Ethan