Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-03 13:21:03

On Nov 3, 2006, at 12:08 PM, Ethan Mallove wrote:

> Point taken about being literal. My thinking is that most
> will be only guessing about the quoting mechanism of
> funclets (as I was for a bit), and there would never be a
> real case for sending '"cmd"' to exec().

How about a doc fix then?

I'm not so worried about a '"cmd"' to exec(), but more about other
fields. Remember that shell commands are a very small portion of
the fields used in MTT - there's others that are explicitly used as
portions of commands. For example you could do something like this:

shell_command = ./configure @foo@
foo = "CFLAGS=-g -O"

which then wouldn't work.

Server Virtualization Business Unit