Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-18 17:41:51

On Wed, Oct/18/2006 09:28:01AM, James W. Barker wrote:
> Ethan,
>
> In an email exchange with Jeff Squyres regarding setting the number
> of processors on a Bproc system the following statement was made:
>
> Are you running under bproc or some other scheduler? Right now, MTT
> understands SLURM, Torque, and LoadLeveler. If you're running under
> Bproc, we can easily add support for it into MTT (I'll need some
> information from you since I don't have any BProc systems myself).
>
> Jeff went on to say:
>
> Ethan Mallove is the engineer at Sun who is heading up most of the
> MTT efforts these days; the mails go to all of us, so he can reply
> even when I'm unavailable.
>
> So I am asking what information do you need from me to add Bproc
> support to MTT?

Are NODES and NODELIST the only env vars that BProc uses (I
gleaned this info from
http://asci-training.lanl.gov/BProc/)?

MTT is set up to detect environment variables and hostfiles
used by Slurm, PBS, N1GE, and LoadLeveler and set a max
value for -np based on those env vars. While we add the
smarts to MTT to do that for BProc, you could also hardcode
the -np value (e.g., 2) in your ini's "MPI Details" section
like so:

exec = mpirun @hosts@ -np 2 --prefix &test_prefix() &test_executable() &test_argv()

Thanks,
Ethan