Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-18 17:41:51

On Wed, Oct/18/2006 09:28:01AM, James W. Barker wrote:
> Ethan,
> In an email exchange with Jeff Squyres regarding setting the number
> of processors on a Bproc system the following statement was made:
> Are you running under bproc or some other scheduler? Right now, MTT
> understands SLURM, Torque, and LoadLeveler. If you're running under
> Bproc, we can easily add support for it into MTT (I'll need some
> information from you since I don't have any BProc systems myself).
> Jeff went on to say:
> Ethan Mallove is the engineer at Sun who is heading up most of the
> MTT efforts these days; the mails go to all of us, so he can reply
> even when I'm unavailable.
> So I am asking what information do you need from me to add Bproc
> support to MTT?

Are NODES and NODELIST the only env vars that BProc uses (I
gleaned this info from

MTT is set up to detect environment variables and hostfiles
used by Slurm, PBS, N1GE, and LoadLeveler and set a max
value for -np based on those env vars. While we add the
smarts to MTT to do that for BProc, you could also hardcode
the -np value (e.g., 2) in your ini's "MPI Details" section
like so:

exec = mpirun @hosts@ -np 2 --prefix &test_prefix() &test_executable() &test_argv()