Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-18 12:27:41

On Oct 18, 2006, at 11:28 AM, James W. Barker wrote:

> In an email exchange with Jeff Squyres regarding setting the number
> of processors on a Bproc system the following statement was made:
> Are you running under bproc or some other scheduler? Right now,
> MTT understands SLURM, Torque, and LoadLeveler. If you're running
> under Bproc, we can easily add support for it into MTT (I'll need
> some information from you since I don't have any BProc systems
> myself).

Just for this instance, I'll reply. :-)

> Jeff went on to say:
> Ethan Mallove is the engineer at Sun who is heading up most of the
> MTT efforts these days; the mails go to all of us, so he can reply
> even when I'm unavailable.

This is a good characteristic -- I'm *usually* not the MTT guy, but
in this case, I can probably do it faster/easier than Ethan.

> So I am asking what information do you need from me to add Bproc
> support to MTT?

I need a list of environment variables that you find in BProc jobs
for the following:

- the presence of this environment variable means that you are
definitely running in an BProc job
- an environment variable (or variables) that can be analyzed to tell
me how many processes are supposed to be run in this BProc job

Jeff Squyres
Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems