Open MPI logo

MTT Users Mailing List Archives

From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-05 11:28:05

On Thu, Oct/05/2006 09:09:38AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Some of these are the usual "IBM isn't being recorded
> properly". But a whole bunch of them are wrong ELF
> classes reported by Sun builds -- is this a symptom of
> sharing scratch directories?

Yes, 'wrong ELF classes' is a SPARC binary run on i386 or
vice versa.

> I suspect that you need to whack your current scratch dir
> and then start tonight with at least 2 new scratch
> directories. More specifically, you need a scratch
> directory for each MTT invocation that you run.

So this also underlines the importance of the Trim phase
that I was not seeing, because it means that if, e.g.,
1.2a1r11852 is still in the scratch tree - it will get run
every night if it's not removed. So we can rm -rf the
whole tree, but then we can't go back and rerun what we're
interested in. Right?

I think I also may have something for the wishlist. It would
be awesome if there was an option to tell mtt to only run
what is in the ini file. That would eliminate the need for
multiple scratch trees (which must be set manually). So a
--non-recursive (?) option or something, that tells mtt to
not walk the scratch directory and run everything it finds.
Or does this defeat the purpose of something I'm not seeing?

-Ethan