Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] MTT: let's use git tags
From: Christoph Niethammer (niethammer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-24 13:33:49

Hi,

As an alternative idea: What about using branches to mark "stable" and "development"?
Tags are for fixed versions and so users will not receive updates unless they update their update scripts manually?!
When "development" is stable just merge into "stable".

Regards
Christoph

PS: For all interested in git usage I recommend reading "man gitworkflows" [1]
[1] https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/gitworkflows.html