Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] [MTT svn] GIT: MTT branch master updated. 016088f2a0831b32ab5fd6f60f4cabe67e92e594
From: Dave Goodell (dgoodell) (dgoodell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-23 13:16:37

On Jun 23, 2014, at 8:48 AM, Mike Dubman <miked_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> btw, i think now, when parent process is killed before child, OS makes child as "<defunct>" which stick around for good.

The grandparent should inherit the child. If the grandparent then does not wait(2) on the child, then the child will remain a zombie / defunct. So in our specific case, this behavior will depend on what the parent process of mpirun is and whether it is waiting on child processes appropriately.

-Dave