Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] [MTT svn] svn:mtt-svn r1637 - trunk/lib/MTT/Values/Functions/MPI
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-07 18:58:05

On Apr 7, 2014, at 6:39 PM, Mike Dubman <miked_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> somehow we run it with both, --verbose not enough to understand the problem and --debug is too much.
>
> maybe --trace is here to rescue?

It won't really solve the problem; it'll just create another level of argument about where a given message should go (now there will be 3 levels instead of 2... eventually there will be 4, and then 5, and then ...).

Do you really need to run with --debug all the time? I.e., do you have so many problems with MTT itself that you need to run with --debug?