Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] mtt-relay patch - create pid file when run as daemon
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-10-02 10:31:09

It might also be desirable not to chain this functionality to --daemon, but rather create a new option, such as --pidfile=FILENAME. Then you write to that FILENAME if --pidfile is specified.

Also -- don't you need to remove the pidfile when mtt-relay exits? Note that this should be done not only when mtt-relay exits normally, but also if mtt-relay exits abnormally (e.g., ctrl-c or a local call to exit(), etc.).