Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] fix zombie commit
From: Mike Dubman (miked_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-26 02:11:19

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:24 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquyres_at_[hidden]
> wrote:

> >Looking at the code, you're checking for zombie status before MTT kills
> the proc. Am I reading that right?

I don`t think the order matters, if process is not Zombie yet and about to
be killed by MTT later - it is a good flow.
If process is already Zombie - mtt will not be able to kill it anyway and
and can stop waiting and switch to the new task.

> >If so, then it could well be that the process has exited but not yet been
> reaped (because _kill_proc() hasn't been invoked yet). If this is the
> case, is the real cause of the problem that >the OUTread and ERRread aren't
> being closed when the child process exits, and therefore we keep looping
> looking for new output from them?

yep, sounds like it can be the cause, need to look into this code.