Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: [MTT devel] Patch to send MIME email.
From: Abhishek Kulkarni (adkulkar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-10 19:20:51

Hello,

While working towards setting up MTT to test the CIFTS FTB middleware, we
resorted to a TextFile + Email reporter; largely because i) the frequency of
testing is low ii) lesser number of tests and iii) we did not want to deal
with setting up a centralized infrastructure to host the test results.

The reporter worked great for us except that we wanted a little more than
just the summary. The attached patch adds a new boolean flag
"email_detailed_reports" which sends out the detailed reports of each phase
as attachments. I have had to use two files from CPAN to encode the email as
a multipart message. Right now only the *.txt files are attached but it
could also be extend to send an HTML-formatted email with HTML attachments.

Do you think it looks okay to go in?

Thanks,
Abhishek