Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] Best way to run ftb_database_server and ftb_agent
From: Joshua Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-05 11:32:41

On Nov 5, 2010, at 10:11 AM, DongInn Kim wrote:

> Josh, I have another question.
> How can mtt find the script to run?
>>> exec = ./run-cr-correctness.pl -test ...
>
> I can write a similar script like run-correctness.pl but if I put my script(e.g., run-ftb-tests.pl) to ftb-tests/iu/ftt/ftb/, how can I make mtt recognize this path and file?

The file is in the ompi-tests repo, under:
   ompi-tests/iu/ft/correctness/run-correctness.pl

Remember that the Test Run phase will 'cd' into the base directory of the test suite that you specify in the Test Get/Build phase. So you can reference a relative path with respect to the test suite. So just put the script in with the test suite, and the Test Get phase will grab it for you.

-- Josh

> Regards,
>
> On 11/5/10 9:01 AM, DongInn Kim wrote:
>> Hi Josh,
>>> Do you need to restart the FTB daemons before every test, or just start them once before running an entire test suite?
>> I believe that the daemon needs to run once before running an entire test set. Abhishek, can you confirm?
>>
>> I would follow your suggestion(i.e., add the script to run the daemons to the "Test Run" phase) and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks.
>>
>> BTW, can I take a look at the script "run-cr-correctness.pl"? It seems that it is not under the mtt repository.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> On 11/5/10 8:40 AM, Joshua Hursey wrote:
>>> DongInn,
>>>
>>> Do you need to restart the FTB daemons before every test, or just start them once before running an entire test suite?
>>>

>>> Adding another phase is pretty involved (will likely require changes to every piece of MTT - client, database, reporter), so I would suggest doing something like this in 'Test Run'. Something like a pre-exec hook.
>>>
>>> As an alternative you could write a script that would encapsulate:
>>> - Launch FTB Daemons
>>> - Run a specific test
>>> - Shutdown FTB Daemons
>>>
>>> This would occur for each test in the 'Test Run' phase. This is similar to what I did for the C/R support. So in the 'MPI Details' section I have something like:
>>> ============================
>>> [MPI Details: OMPI]
>>> exec = ./run-cr-correctness.pl -test &test_executable() \
>>> -storage-dir /storage/tmp/snapshot/ \
>>> -np &test_np() \
>>> -mca "@fixes@ -am ft-enable-cr @pml@" \
>>> --prefix &test_prefix() -v 2
>>>
>>> fixes = -mca orte_base_help_aggregate 0
>>> ============================
>>>
>>> Then for each of the Test Runs the '&test_executable()' funclet is filled in with the test name, and the perl script handles the rest of the launch from there.
>>>
>>> If it is helpful, the C/R 'Test Get/Build/Run' phases are in ompi-tests/iu/mtt/etc/mtt2/ftcr.ini.
>>> And the 'MPI Details' is under "OMPI DETAILS COMMON FTCR TEST" in ompi-tests/iu/mtt/odin/etc/general/generic-subs2.config
>>>
>>> Let me know if that helps.
>>>
>>> -- Josh

> - DongInn

Joshua Hursey