Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] Best way to run ftb_database_server and ftb_agent
From: DongInn Kim (dikim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-05 09:01:25

Hi Josh,
> Do you need to restart the FTB daemons before every test, or just start them once before running an entire test suite?
I believe that the daemon needs to run once before running an entire test set. Abhishek, can you confirm?

I would follow your suggestion(i.e., add the script to run the daemons to the "Test Run" phase) and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks.

BTW, can I take a look at the script "run-cr-correctness.pl"? It seems that it is not under the mtt repository.

Regards,

On 11/5/10 8:40 AM, Joshua Hursey wrote:
> DongInn,
>
> Do you need to restart the FTB daemons before every test, or just start them once before running an entire test suite?
>

> Adding another phase is pretty involved (will likely require changes to every piece of MTT - client, database, reporter), so I would suggest doing something like this in 'Test Run'. Something like a pre-exec hook.
>
> As an alternative you could write a script that would encapsulate:
> - Launch FTB Daemons
> - Run a specific test
> - Shutdown FTB Daemons
>
> This would occur for each test in the 'Test Run' phase. This is similar to what I did for the C/R support. So in the 'MPI Details' section I have something like:
> ============================
> [MPI Details: OMPI]
> exec = ./run-cr-correctness.pl -test &test_executable() \
> -storage-dir /storage/tmp/snapshot/ \
> -np &test_np() \
> -mca "@fixes@ -am ft-enable-cr @pml@" \
> --prefix &test_prefix() -v 2
>
> fixes = -mca orte_base_help_aggregate 0
> ============================
>
> Then for each of the Test Runs the '&test_executable()' funclet is filled in with the test name, and the perl script handles the rest of the launch from there.
>
> If it is helpful, the C/R 'Test Get/Build/Run' phases are in ompi-tests/iu/mtt/etc/mtt2/ftcr.ini.
> And the 'MPI Details' is under "OMPI DETAILS COMMON FTCR TEST" in ompi-tests/iu/mtt/odin/etc/general/generic-subs2.config
>
> Let me know if that helps.
>
> -- Josh
>
> On Nov 5, 2010, at 2:06 AM, DongInn Kim wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way to put some lines to the mtt ini file to run the FTB daemons(ftb_database_server and ftb_agent)?
>>
>> Should we make another "FTB Run" phase after "FTB Install" or run the two daemons inside "Test run" but run the daemons before running the test scripts?
>> I think either way would be fine if I have a working syntax for the both cases.
>>
>> Any help would be really appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> - DongInn