Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] question about the test run
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-04 14:37:26

On Nov 4, 2010, at 1:42 PM, DongInn Kim wrote:

> Yes, if we can manage the MPI part with more generic term, that would be really great so that we can use the same main framework without diverging to another perl module to deal with FTT or something like this.

It would be much mo' preferable to not fork the code to have multiple cores -- one for MPI:: and one for Middleware::.

Off the top of my head, here's the areas I think would need to be updated:

- the MPI:: tree; rename to Middleware:: ?
- update all references in the code s/MPI::/Middleware/g
- add support for "Middleware Install" and "Middleware Get" section names; "MPI Get" and "MPI Install" phases should become aliases for these
- update the wiki documentation pages accordingly

If you've got the cycles to do this, I'd love to see a patch.

For corporate legal information go to: