Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] question about the test run
From: Joshua Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-11-04 08:46:12

I'm including the mtt-devel list in this conversation since Ethan/Jeff know the MTT client much better than I do, and might have some insight. DongInn/Abhishek it might be useful, considering some of the patches that you already have, to subscribe to the mtt-devel list.

Just for context. DongInn and Abhishek are working on support for testing of the CIFTS FTB project with MTT. So this would be a non-MPI testing target. They are currently working through some of the issues with supporting an FTB target in the MTT client. I am working with them on getting a new server setup (i.e., database, reporter) for that project.

On Nov 4, 2010, at 3:14 AM, DongInn Kim wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found that the several keys of the hash($MTT::Test::builds) are empty in the middle of mtt/lib/MTT/Test/Run.pm:123
>
> DB<12> p Dumper(\%{$MTT::Test::builds})
> $VAR1 = {
> '' => {
> '' => {
> 'platform' => {
> 'ftb-examples' => {
> 'mpi_version' => undef,
> 'full_section_name' => 'test build: ftb-examples',
> 'prepend_path' => undef,
> 'mpi_name' => undef,
> 'refcount' => 0,
> 'env_modules' => undef,
> 'unsetenv' => undef,
> 'result_message' => 'Success',
> 'append_path' => undef,
> 'mpi_install_simple_section_name' => 'platform',
> 'test_result' => 1,
> 'description' => undef,
> 'exit_status' => 0,
> 'mpi_get_simple_section_name' => undef,
> 'setenv' => undef,
> 'simple_section_name' => 'ftb-examples',
> 'srcdir' => '/nfs/rinfs/san/homedirs/ftbteam/ftt-runs/odin/20101104-Nightly/pb_0/installs/5MsQ/tests/ftb-examples/components',
> 'start_timestamp' => 1288852206,
> 'mpi_install_id' => undef,
> 'test_get_simple_section_name' => 'ftb-examples'
> }
> }
> }
> }
> };
>

> Do you know why the keys are empty and what keys should be added? After looking at the foreach loop, I could guess the first key would be for "mpi-get-key" and the second one for version (probably ftb version).
> Those missing key entries are expected or something is wrong? If so, what did I wrong here?
>
> And also, I see several entries are undef in the "ftb-examples" hash. Is it normal or what?

Ethan/Jeff probably know the hash structure better than I, so they might have some insight.

-- Josh

> Regards,
>
> --
> - DongInn