Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] MTToGDS
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-03 14:26:02

On Feb 16, 2010, at 10:19 AM, Igor Ivanov wrote:

> I am sending patch that enable google account approach to submit data to MTT GDS.
> It also has the fix to a bug in displaying table as respond to bquery.pl --view (It has not been committed yet to MTT trunk).

Thanks guys! And sorry for my long lack of response - I was working in a window of availability for MTT stuff before, and then that window closed and I got sucked into other high priority things. I have another small window of availability for MTT now...

It looks like Mike D. committed this stuff to SVN already, right? If so, great!

> As for question relating "how does one develop ..." that source information can be found at following location as: http://svn.open-mpi.org/svn/mtt/trunk/docs/gds/VBench_GDS_Setup.doc.

Ok, I'll dig into that.

One thing that is quite confusing is the sign in to http://open-mpi-mtt.appspot.com/. When you go there, you get a "Sign in or register" link. You click that and get to a Google Accounts login. I used openmpi.cisco_at_[hidden] and its associated password, but then I'm bounced back to the "Sign in or register" link.

Only when I login as openmpi_at_[hidden] do I actually get beyond the "Sign in or register" link.

Does this mean that openmpi.cisco_at_[hidden] does not have login privlidges on the open-mpi-mtt appspot? If so, can we add a better error message than this? It's very confusing -- because you *are* apparently signing in to a google account properly, but then you just get the "Sign in or register" link again.

> In case you make a resolve to accept patch I am sending next steps should be done:
>
> 1. update application on server side using instruction in VBench_GDS_Setup.doc (topic 4 "Installation")
> example: appcfg.py update <local folder with open-mpi-mtt>/
> 2. change version on https://appengine.google.com/deployment?&app_id=open-mpi-mtt&version_id=1.337140739868725607 from 1 to 2 (make default)
> note: after this operation all users that attempt to submit data using previous scheme of authentication will get failure respond.
> 3. go to open-mpi-mtt and add new users with google account

It looks like this was all done already -- probably because I took so long to reply.

Thanks!

For corporate legal information go to: