Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: [MTT devel] More GDS questions
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-11 18:23:46

Igor et al. --

1. I'm not sure you saw Ethan's and my posts from the past day or so about GDS on the mtt-devel list; it just occurred to me that I don't know if you're members of the list or not. We've posted a few questions and comments that you may not have received if you're not on the list:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/mtt-devel/2010/02/index.php

2. I'm still looking into the perl syntax error that caused my Big Submit to GDS to fail. But looking at the Google logs, it looks like at least *some* of my test run results made it up to GDS. There was a BIG spike in CPU usage (3.2 hours of CPU time!) when it submitted -- see the attached CPU usage graph from the apps dashboard.

Does anyone know why it takes so much CPU just to submit data to GDS? 3.2 CPU hours is a LOT!

It makes me a bit concerned that only part of a single Cisco MTT run submit checked through almost half of our daily CPU quota (6.5 CPU hours/day). Is there any way to reduce the amount of CPU necessary just to submit data?

For corporate legal information go to:

Second__all_.png