Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] MTToGDS
From: Igor Ivanov (igor.ivanov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 09:09:33

Jeff Squyres wrote:
On Feb 10, 2010, at 4:12 AM, Igor Ivanov wrote:

Is it hard to redirect the appspot lookup to use google account names + passwords?

[II] I believe that it is possible task. It could be done in two ways:
set google account e-mail in mttdatabase_username key of ini-file
1) provide for filling User.username with google account e-mail and change code of User.check_password in file  gds/auth/ to with google account verification code
code example (I have not checked one):

I took a swipe at doing this (totally not tested; how does one develop/test this stuff?).  I know just a tiny bit of python, but the code was fairly readable.  Please see the attached patch -- is it anywhere close to correct?

[II] It seems close but you forget about that allows to add a new user and related handler (processes --admin) on gds/ at least.
User.get_full_name() would still need to be re-done.  How does one fetch Google account info like that?
[II] May be you asked following
Keep in mind performance difference between google account verification code and local verification!

Yep -- am not worried about that.  MTT data submits don't have to be super speedy.  If a local verification takes (say) .01 second, and a google account verification takes 1 second (or even a few seconds), I don't think it'll matter.
[II] We should take into account limitations and quotes (response etc) that are specific for google app:

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4854 (20100210) __________