Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] MTToGDS
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-10 06:47:13

On Feb 10, 2010, at 4:12 AM, Igor Ivanov wrote:

>> Is it hard to redirect the appspot lookup to use google account names + passwords?
>>
> [II] I believe that it is possible task. It could be done in two ways:
> set google account e-mail in mttdatabase_username key of ini-file
> 1) provide for filling User.username with google account e-mail and change code of User.check_password in file gds/auth/models.py to with google account verification code
> code example (I have not checked one):

I took a swipe at doing this (totally not tested; how does one develop/test this stuff?). I know just a tiny bit of python, but the code was fairly readable. Please see the attached patch -- is it anywhere close to correct?

User.get_full_name() would still need to be re-done. How does one fetch Google account info like that?

> Keep in mind performance difference between google account verification code and local verification!

Yep -- am not worried about that. MTT data submits don't have to be super speedy. If a local verification takes (say) .01 second, and a google account verification takes 1 second (or even a few seconds), I don't think it'll matter.

For corporate legal information go to: