Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] GSOC application
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-19 11:13:11

On Mar 19, 2009, at 11:06 AM, Jeff Squyres wrote:

> 1. Google's datastore/app engine. That requires signing up for a
> Google Apps account with Google Engine access. Josh has one of
> these (anyone can get a Google Apps account; as I understand it, you
> have to apply for Google Engine access and approval can take a
> looooong time -- Josh just got approved after nearly a year). Josh
> -- could we use your account, perchance? (I'm not sure if this is
> Josh's main/personal Google account, or a generic account he created)

I take this back -- I just used my own Google Account to apply for an
App Engine account and (I think) it was approved immediately. So I
think App Engine accounts are readily available these days; we can get
an "openmpi" Google Account with an associated Google App Engine
account, or somesuch.

Cisco Systems