Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] visual reports for mtt
From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-25 13:01:55

On Tue, Feb/24/2009 08:02:15AM, Mike Dubman wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I`m looking for a way having automatic regression report at the end of mtt
> run which include graph+table for bw/lat/2way-bw for this specific run as
> well as for previous runs on the same configuration.
>
> The way we are doing it, is generating dynamic query for MTT test reporter
> at the end of mtt run, fetching html, extracting .png files with graphs
> and attaching it to the final MTT report.
>
> During this process we observe the following:
>
> The MTT database hosted at http://www.open-mpi.org/mtt/index.php behaves
> in very inconsistent way:
>
> it work very sllllloooowwwwwww, sometimes it takes 5-10min to get query
> results
> We get many SQL errors during querying the performance results
> Sometimes we get no performance graphs for historic searches (queried by
> date range, like "past 6 month")

The MTT database is always in need of optimzation :-) What performance
results are you trying to search on?

In the MTT Reporter, there are some tricks to narrowing a search for
speedier results. E.g., if you wanted to compare a set of results from
last August and this week, a non-continguous date range could speed
things up by a lot. So instead of "past 6 months" as a date range, you
could do "2009-02-19 - 2009-02-25 | 2008-08-19 - 2008-08-25", which
would compare this week with six months ago (but it only searches on
the two boundary weeks, instead of the entire six months). To avoid
long searches on Test run data, clicking on the "MPI install" radio
button allows you to do a quick probe on whether you have *any* data
for a given date range. Then once you get a date range of where your
data exists, you can expand the search to include Test build and Test
run data.

-Ethan