Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: [MTT devel] visual reports for mtt
From: Mike Dubman (mike.ompi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-24 01:02:15

Hello guys,

I`m looking for a way having automatic regression report at the end of mtt
run which include graph+table for bw/lat/2way-bw for this specific run as
well as for previous runs on the same configuration.

The way we are doing it, is generating dynamic query for MTT test reporter
at the end of mtt run, fetching html, extracting .png files with graphs and
attaching it to the final MTT report.

During this process we observe the following:

The MTT database hosted at http://www.open-mpi.org/mtt/index.php behaves in
very inconsistent way:

it work very sllllloooowwwwwww, sometimes it takes 5-10min to get query
results
We get many SQL errors during querying the performance results
Sometimes we get no performance graphs for historic searches (queried by
date range, like "past 6 month")

So, I`m wondering if someone else using this feature (generate performance
results for historic runs) for similar goals and have better experience with
it or recommendations?
Will it behave better if we create a local copy of Mtt database?
Can we connect to MTT database hosted at www.openmpi.org with SQL directly?
For how long historic results are kept in the MTT database?

10x

Mike