Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: [MTT devel] MTT static site problem
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-12-23 13:59:21

I think we have a bit of a problem with the statically-generated data
from MTT.

If you use rsync to mirror the Open MPI web site, you get 3GB of data
in the resulting mtt/ directory, approximately 99.99% of which is in
mtt/vis/.

Can we trim the contents of this directory? We're costing our mirrors
a lot of bandwidth and disk space.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think we can just disallow this tree
via /etc/rsyncd.conf without first making it look like it was deleted
first (so that those who are syncing via rsync will first remove their
copies of it)...?

Cisco Systems