Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] Tracking process stats
From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-04-22 15:19:35

Gathering the info from any given might be a little difficult -- we'd
have to enlist orte somehow. The orteds could conceivably be able to
get this info because the MPI processes are their children, after
all. The orteds would then need to gather this info and make it
available somehow (e.g., mpirun could dump out a file, or perhaps
something to stdout, ...etc.).

On Apr 22, 2008, at 3:16 PM, Josh Hursey wrote:

> I was thinking for very test as an extra bit or two of information.
> But we could try a test suite too, but we would have to think about
> what we would want to exercise in it.
>
> -josh
>
> On Apr 22, 2008, at 1:45 PM, Ethan Mallove wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Apr/22/2008 01:35:06PM, Josh Hursey wrote:
>>> On the Open MPI teleconf this morning Rich mentioned that
>>> he was noticing odd memory usage. It got me thinking,
>>> would it be useful for MTT to track important aspects of
>>> the process such as memory use?
>>>
>>> Just a thought. I'm not exactly sure how we would report
>>> or record this, but if it is useful we can file a bug for
>>> it :)
>>>

>> Would this require a new "memory-usage" test suite? Or were
>> you thinking more along the lines of a new integer column in
>> the test_run table to record memory usage for *every* test
>> run?
>>
>> -Ethan
>>

>>> Cheers,
>>> Josh