Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

Subject: Re: [MTT devel] Submission totals graph
From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-30 09:49:59

On Nov 28, 2007, at 5:01 PM, Ethan Mallove wrote:

> Nice!
>
> The double y-axis threw me off there. I'm confused why the
> the per-day-tuples plot (green line) is so jagged, I thought
> we were more or less on steady 24-hour testing cycle.

Yeah it threw me a bit too, but I wonder if this isn't the effect of
not testing as much on the weekends. a couple of days at low numbers
would cause the sudden down burst of traffic. I'm not completely sure
what is happening here. Maybe if we viewed it by week it would smooth
out a bit more.

> couldn't decode the the new stats/*raw-data{.pl,.plot} files
> to answer my own question :-)

I used the scripts as follows (I admit they are a bit rough):
shell$ ./make-raw-data.pl -day > raw-day.data
shell$ ./make-raw-data.pl -month > raw-month.data
shell$ gnuplot graph-raw-data.plot

You may have to change the terminal in that gnuplot file from
'aqua' (which is OSX specific I believe) to the postscript version
that is commented out.

-- Josh