Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Ethan Mallove (ethan.mallove_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-17 15:18:06

WHAT: Add timing info to DoCommand::Cmd

WHY: Need visibility into how long individual commands are
taking (right now we only time entire phases).

WHERE: DoCommand.pm, client/mtt, Messages.pm

WHEN: ASAP

-------

I need to see how long individual commands are taking within
an MTT run. There is a Benchmark core module (available
everywhere) to help with this. I would like to have this
feature enabled with a --benchmark-command (-b) option.
(Note: this can not be part of the --debug option --debug or
--verbose options since these options affect the execution
time of commands.) See attached patch. (Or should this
somehow work together with --print-time?)

-Ethan