Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Josh Hursey (jjhursey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-08 14:03:57

I'm inclined to say 'let's just do it right the first time' meaning
let's implement the 3D table we designed a few weeks ago. This would
allow for arbitrary storage of performance data. But would take a
considerable amount of effort.

However, it would probably be quicker to implement a NBC performance
table and do the right plumbing to make it work. The problem is that
next time we want to add a new performance data table will have to do
all this all over again. :/

I'll have to see the layout of the data when Torsten gets back to
determine how complex the database table will need to be. I suspect
it won't be too bad, but can't say for sure at the moment.

Unfortunately I'm swamped at the moment, so I probably won't be able
to work on this for a few months out, but I can help with planning
for it.

Cheers,
-- Josh