Open MPI logo

MTT Devel Mailing List Archives

From: Mohamad Chaarawi (mschaara_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-03 11:42:06

Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Oct 3, 2007, at 4:12 AM, Mohamad Chaarawi wrote:
>
>> yea im doing that, but not for the already installed libraries..
>> that's
>> the problem..
>
> Ah - are you saying that we should add these kinds of fields for the
> already-installed plugin:
>
>>> mpich2_additional_wrapper_ldflags = -L/opt/slurm/current/lib
>>> mpich2_additional_wrapper_libs = -lpmi
>
> If so, I'm not sure we can -- these fields take advantage of the fact
> that we know it's MPICH/MVAPICH and know exactly which bits to
> twiddle in their script-based wrapper compilers. We can't assume
> that an already-installed MPI will have a script-based wrapper
> compiler that is exactly like MPICH's wrapper compilers. :-(
>
> Can you not use the already-installed MVAPICH and instead always
> install it? I.e., is there a reason you're trying to use an already-
> installed MVAPICH?

Yea, i can do that, but i thought that since we are downloading a
release, it would be easier to just do it once and install it, and then
use what we have just for time saving.. but it's not a big deal to
download it and install it..

--
Mohamad Chaarawi
Instructional Assistant		  http://www.cs.uh.edu/~mschaara